#40942 Creative Confidence
In this course you will learn new techniques to enable you to express yourself in a variety of art projects.
You will learn art methods for drawing, painting, stencils, crafting, and how to take materials from 2D to 3D.
Gain confidence to express yourself through creative mediums and meet new friends along the way. All very welcome.
Dates: Wednesday Evenings, 15 February – 5 April (8 – weeks)
Times: 6:00pm – 8:30pm
Tutor: Billy Gordon
Venue: The Yellow Plane Gallery, 82 Main Street, Pahiatua
Cost: $20 / $10 with Community Services Card
Must Enrol by: 10th February
Course Information for Creative Confidence (Pahiatua)
Course Tutor(s): Billy Gordon
Outline of the Course:
- Learning to measure distances in your drawings through observation.
- Exercises which help the brain decipher the correct information on a reference picture.
- Introduce one and two point perspective
- Do exercises which use perspective to accurately place objects in distance and foreground.
Geometry and Values in Art
- Learn about the role of Values ( depth of color) and Geometry (shapes) in art
- Make Value samples with charcoal, pastels, coloured pencils, pencils
- Pencil portrait done with accuracy.
Acrylic, Gouache and Watercolors Paints
- Introducing a variety of paint choices
- Make samples of Value
- Discuss which paint best suits the art project.
- How to mix Oils
- Draw a simple design and paint with oils.
Designing and making stencils
- Learning about negative and positive space.
- Cut out stencils.
Finish any cutting out of stencils
- Print or paint in with fabric paint
- Onto cloth (YP will provide paints and fabric)
Pre-requisites (if any): no previous art experience required.
Please note: All resources provided in class.
Please contact email@example.com for any further information you may require.