Earth and Astronomy 101. #07750
A seven week course
This exciting programme will lead you from our Planet earth to the night sky. From the physical processes that have shaped Earth to climate change and how we know that this is real; what we might do to help. Then moving on out into the night sky.. our solar system , galaxies, the Astronomers who have made discoveries, aliens, black holes, theories and questions! Becky and Rachel will have you on the edge of your seats.
To cap off this seven week series – a night tour to look at all those astral wonders with telescope and binoculars.
This was a very popular course last year and with the addition of a couple of sessions looking at Planet Earth, we are sure it will have wide appeal.
Dates: Thursdays; 13, 20, 27 May, 3, 10, 17, 24 June, 2021
Times: 7:30pm – 9:00pm
Tutor: Becky Bateman and Rachel Griffiths
Venue: Rangitumau Room, REAP House, 340 Queen Street, Masterton
Must Enrol by: Monday 10 May.
Course Information for … Earth and Astronomy 101
Course Tutor(s): Becky Bateman and Rachel Griffiths
Purpose of the Course: Experienced tutors with Scientific knowledge and backgrounds
- Participants will learn about…
- Our Place in Space – the Sun and the Planets, how it all works together
- Physical processes – how the Earth became what is is today
- Climate Change – how we know it is real, common myths, how to make a difference
- Solar System, planets, moons, the sun, Pluto and the dwarf planets
- Galaxies, cosmology and important astronomers historically
- Star life, and death, black holes, Big Bang theory, Aliens, extremophiles and more… where to look for life out there
- A night Tour with telescope and binoculars at a place and time to be decided – hopefully to see all that is out there ( or as much as is humanly possible to see!)
Other Information: A very popular course.
Pre-requisites (if any): None; an enquiring mind, many questions
Participants Must Provide: nothing
REAP May Provide on request (if any): NA
This information can be downloaded here.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any further information you may require.