PAHIATUA TE REO MĀORI TERM 3 2020 #07298
Have you always wanted to learn Te Reo Māori? Then this is the class for you.
- Speak Te Reo Māori – i.e. your Mihi
- Have correct pronunciation – i.e. local place names
- Plus more
Activity Code: 07298
Dates: Tuesday’s starting 21 July – 22 Sept (10 classes)
Times: 6pm – 8pm
Tutor: Richard Daymond and Jordan Bennett
Venue: Te Kohanga Whakawhaiti Marae (Pahiatua Marae), Riccarton Rd, Pahiatua
Cost: Community Service Card $10 for the term, Standard $20 per term
Enrol: by phoning Richard on 0220895386 or online on the ENROL Now button below.
Must Enrol by: Thursday 16/7/2020
This is part of a year program delivered term 1 to term 3. Term 4 to be advised.
PAHIATUA TE REO MĀORI TERM 3 2020 STARTS 21 JULY #07298
Course Tutors: Richard is a full time Te Reo Māori and Māori performing arts teacher at Tararua College as well tutor adult classes in the evenings.
Purpose of the Course: This course is for beginners or those who want the opportunity to build on their prior knowledge and skill speaking Te Reo Māori.
By the end of the course learners will be able to:
- Introduce themselves in Te Reo using Whakapapa and Pepeha.
- Describe feelings/emotions as well as form descriptions of common items.
- Make general conversation and build confidence to use Te Reo Māori in a variety of settings
- Learn and follow local Tikanga and Kawa practice.
Pre-requisites (if any): NA