#WAI36873 (Android) Smartphone and Tablet Basics
Smartphones and tablets are pocket computers. By the end of this course you will have learnt how personalise your phone/device to safely navigate and effectively communicate in the digital world.
Please note: This course is not designed for Apple Devices (i-phone, i-pad etc) – please contact REAP Wairarapa if you would like to register for an Apple course.
Course Code: WAI-36873
Dates: Please contact reception to register your interest in this course. This course will run once we have sufficient class numbers.
Times: Monday Evenings, 6:30pm – 8:30pm
Tutor: Tracy Graham
Venue: REAP House, 340 Queen Street, Masterton
Must Enrol by: Please contact reception to register your interest in this course. Thanks.
Course Information for (Android) Smartphone & Tablet Basics
Course Tutor(s): Tracy Graham
Purpose of the Course:
If you have received a new smartphone or tablet, or recently upgraded your device, and would like to learn its’ capabilities, this 6-hour course will help set you up to use your pocket computer to your advantage on a daily basis. Learners need to bring their own devices.
By the end of this course learners will have:
- – learnt how to navigate and personalise your phone and/or device
- – learnt how to manipulate (add, use, delete) apps
- – been shown how to identify scams and what to do about them
- – looked at ways to control your privacy to keep you secure online
- – explored your phone/device settings and learnt which settings are important
- – learnt how to manage updates on your phone/device
- – been shown how to use the camera effectively, storage for photos etc
- – learnt about Cloud Sharing
Other Information: This course is not designed for Apple Devices (i-phone, i-pad etc)
Pre-requisites (if any): No specific knowledge required
Participants Must Provide: Their own devices – smartphone or tablet
Please contact email@example.com for any further information you may require.