#44806 Te Reo Māori Me Ōna Tikanga
Become familiar and comfortable with Te Reo Māori through learning and understanding language and practices. Ideal for those wanting to build more confidence and extend their knowledge. All welcome.
Nau mai, haere mai.
Dates: 13 February – 9th April 2024,
Times: Tuesday Evenings, 6:00pm – 8:00pm
Tutor: Rihari Daymond
Venue: Te Kohanga Whakawhaiti Marae, Riccarton Road, Pahiatua
Cost per term: Fully Subsidised
Must Enrol by: 10 February (online) or turn on the night
Course Information for #40948 Te Reo Māori me ōna Tikanga
Course Tutor(s): Rihari Daymond
Purpose of the Course: By the end of this course learners will:
• Have an understanding of language features and sentence structure to feel confident to use basic te reo in everyday life
• Confidently greet people, introduce yourself and communicate basic personal information in an informal context
• Have a basic understanding of the Māori spiritual and natural worlds (mana atua, mana whenua), and our important connections to them
• Understand the significance of whakapapa as a fundamental Māori world view and confidently describe your family and relationships through this lens
• Have learnt about protocol on the marae
• Recognise the importance and use of karakia
• Recognise the importance and use of waiata
• Recognise the cultural values inherent within different whakataukī (proverbs) and kīwaha (idioms)
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any further information you may require.